Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Our pet Bobo

Hi Prof.D Lauro
We have a pet. The pet is not regular pet, dog or cat, we have a Double Yellow Amazon parrot.His name is Bobo. Anyone who had ever dealt with birds knows about strange traits of character Double Yellow Amazon parrots. This kind bird doesn't like people they are not familiar with.The bird can attack so fast and bite hard enough to draw blood. I had my own bad experience of feeding Bobo. But sometimes I have to take care about her. She very likes my husband., because he raised her from the babies. Bobo likes my daughter,I think that Bobo thinks that Anastasia is her daughter. But Bobo doesn't like me. My husband explained to me that the bird is very jealous of other females. I thought that my husband was exaggerating the bird's human qualities,but the reality prove that Bobo has personality and character almost humans have.The bird participates in our conversations.Every time adds some sounds in tone that conversations are required;for me this remains a mystery. How does she know when to speak, and what tone to use? Sometimes I have to take care about it. At that time I had made my own rules to avoid unpleasant moments. After opened gate of the cage I have to hide behind corner; otherwise if she sees me she will not leave the cage. I have to give her time to climb to the top of the cage where she feels safe. Than I take the bowls from the cage to wash and dry them in the kitchen. I fill one of them with water and second with food. I always must remember that the first bowl that go into the cage is the bowl with water;otherwise if I put the bowl with food the starving bird goes in the cage and doesn't give me chance to put the water bowl in. She will attackme thinking that I will take her food away;to avoid that I have to put the bowl with the food last. Before I put the bowl in I have to shake the bowl to make noise to get bird's attention and say," Look what I get for you Bobo." She will answer in words that she had learned by time,"Nutri-berry,harrisons."I will responded," Yes, you right",put the bowl in side,than step away.Let her run in and close the gate. The rules work very well. I share with them with our neighbor who occasionally babysts the bird in our absent.

No comments: