Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Place where we live

Hi Prof.D Lauro
I want to share with you the beauty of the place where we live. There are many beautiful places on the world where we were, or wanted to visit,or live. I never had the experience of living at the water. Now I think that I will never be tired of seeing the view of the bay and of the wild land that surrounding our house. In every season of the year and every hour of the day the view is always changing and every time it is wonderful.When I come home from the trip the smell of the bay in the first moment made me drunk so sweet, fresh, clean, and unpolluted is it. I cannot confuse this smell with anything else. I like to sit on the bench in the early morning when the sun rises and paints everything in the lilac color,when all is quiet and peaceful.Especially beautiful is the view of the bay in summer on a warm days when there all kinds of boats,especially big sailing boats.When there is a storm over the bay,the view is spectacular. The huge waves crashes on the beach scattering in enormous amounts of splashes. The foam covers all around us it looks like snow. The next day all is shining and sparkling from the salt, it looks like loose diamonds.We like to swim in the lagoon in hot summer days.The water is refreshing and removes the pressure of the hot day. We like to observe the birds. In the summer ducks and geese have babies. The babies are so cute. The swans live here all year. When I feed it,the swan takes the bread from my hands. Last January we saw a seal in the lagoon.We took a picture and recorded on camera. To observe the seal was awesome,unreal. To describe the beauty of the bay I have to be a great writer.I love the place where we live.But in this fall in front of the view a new house is being built ,and blocks almost the whole view of the bay. I was upset but such reality I have expected.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds incredibly beautiful. I'm sorry that developers are ruining your view, though I'm not surprised. Some people can be so selfish.